To reflect the role of people with responsibility for the development and the outcomes of programs and services for young people managed through a range of agencies and designed to meet the social, health, welfare, behavioural, developmental and protection needs of young people. This work may be undertaken through employment in community, government and welfare agencies.
This course is aimed for those within the boarding industry.
Delivery methods include:
- individual research
- block week of face-to-face training
- The course also includes some face‐to‐face theory based research, learning and Assessment (completed in Learner’s own time) .
If you are interested in enrolling in the Diploma please complete an enquiry form located on our website. A signed training plan must be submitted before the commencement of the course.
Are you working as a:
- Support Worker
- Outreach Officer
- Welfare Worker
- Health Education Officer
How much does it cost?
This course is currently subsided by the Northern Territory Department of Trade, Business and Innovation for residents of the Northern Territory. More information and eligibility criteria can be foundhere.
This course will include a $220 non-refundable administration fee which must be received before course commencement.
The course includes:
- Learner online Workbooks
- Diploma delivered over a period of 10 months and will comprise the following
- 48 hours of supervised instruction
- 96 hours of unsupervised activities
- 156 days of work [minimum]
- 70 hours of online activities