This nationally recognised qualification is offered to up-skill or re-skill employees working as education support workers.
It gives the opportunity for growth in confidence and competence while working in an education setting.
The qualification is offered to a wide range of workers including:
- Education assistants
- Teacher aides/assistants/support workers including special needs and/or disability workers
- Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander education workers
- Language and/or literacy workers
- Home tutors
Is this course for you?
Are you employed as a teacher aide, tutor or support worker in the education setting?
Do you want to become more effective as you support the education of children and young people?
On completion you will have a greater understanding of:
- Working with diversity and effectively in the education environment
- Communicating with, and supporting behaviour of children and young people
- Developmental stages of children and young people
- Complying with school administrative requirements
- Complying with legislative, policy and industrial requirements
- WHS Process
- The skills and knowledge gained will be relevant to the education setting in which you are working.
If you are not currently employed in an education enviroment you will be required to volunteer for a minimum of two days equivalent a week for the duration of the course.
This course is held on Tueday afternoons from 3.30 – 6.30pm.
Costs are spread over the duration of the course. In certain circumstances, course fees may be subsidised.
For more information contact RTO Registrar on (08) 8920 3518
Units of Competency
The 12 core units and a minimum 5 electives must be completed in order to finish the course.
CHCDIV001 – Work with diverse people
CHCDIV002 – Promote Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander cultural safety
CHCECE006 – Support behaviour of children and young people
CHCEDS001 – Comply with legislative, policy and industrial requirements in the education environment
CHCEDS002 – Assist implementation of planned educational programs
CHCEDS003 – Contribute to student education in all developmental domains
CHCEDS004 – Contribute to organisation and management of classroom or centre
CHCEDS005 – Support the development of literacy and oral language skills
CHCEDS006 – Support the development of numeracy skills
CHCEDS007 – Work effectively with students and colleagues
CHCEDS017 – Contribute to the health and safety of students
CHCEDS018 – Support students with additional needs in the classroom environment
CHCEDS008 – Comply with school administrative requirements
CHCEDS013 – Use an e-learning management system
CHCEDS024 – Use educational strategies to support Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander education
CHCEDS025 – Facilitate learning for students with disabilities
CHCPRT001 – Identify and respond to children and young people at risk